- Online at Toysrus.com, Babiesrus.com, and any other websites and through or in connection with apps or software sponsored by TRU Kids (the “Sites”);
- When you call, e-mail or otherwise communicate with TRU Kids;
- On portions of other websites hosted or sponsored by TRU Kids; and
- In any games or promotions sponsored by TRU Kids.
2. What information does TRU Kids collect?
Information You Give Us.
TRU Kids may collect any information (such as first and last name, address, e-mail address, telephone number and age or age range) that you provide when you interact with us. Some examples are when you:
- Sign up for email updates from us;
- Participate in a contest, sweepstakes or other promotion;
- Download an application;
- Participate in a game or other promotion on the Sites or at one of our retail partner’s websites;
- Fill out a survey or questionnaire;
- Engage with TRU Kids content through third-party social networking sites; or
- Contact a TRU Kids customer service representative.
Automatic Information Collection.
Each time you visit the Sites, we may automatically collect certain types of information. Some examples of automatic information we may collect are as follows:
- We may record your internet service provider’s address, your internet protocol or IP address, the web page from which you came, your web browser software, the type of handheld or mobile device used to link to the web page, and the language settings on your web browser;
- We may collect a record of your activity or your “clickstream” while visiting the Sites;
- We may use “cookies” of different types to recognize your computer. A cookie is a small text file that a website, online application, or e-mail may save to your internet browser and/or your computer’s hard drive for use in subsequent visits to the Sites or other sites;
- We may use web beacons, match scripts, pixel tags or similar technologies that allow us to know if a particular web page was visited, an e-mail opened, links in the email utilized or if the advertisements on the Sites or other sites were effective. In some instances, these technologies may allow us to match activities with particular users; and
- We may collect any information you enter, share or that can be obtained from your use of our apps, games, contests, or promotions.
Do Not Track
Do Not Track (DNT) is a privacy preference that users can set in some web browsers, allowing users to opt out of tracking by websites and online services. At the present time, the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) has not yet established universal standards for recognizable DNT signals and therefore, TRU Kids and the Sites do not recognize DNT.
3. How does TRU Kids use and share personal information?
Using Your Personal Information
Your personal information is used by TRU Kids and others to enhance your online experience, respond to your requests, improve our customer service, tailor offerings and advertisements to you, communicate with you about products, services, special offerings and events or programs offered by our retail that may be of interest to you.
TRU Kids may also use this information to analyze and manage its businesses. Aggregate or combined data is collected from online and offline facilities and may be used to enhance the ability of TRU Kids to communicate with you and to support internal business processes, marketing, authentication, customer service, fraud prevention, and public safety and legal functions.
Sharing Your Personal Information
With Third Parties: TRU Kids may share your personal information with third parties, including as set forth below.
With our Service Providers: TRU Kids may share your personal information with service providers. Some examples of things service providers may do that may involve your personal information are:
- Administer sweepstakes and contests.
- Develop, host or maintain the Sites on our behalf.
- Aggregate customer information and/or improve customer service. We may then share such aggregated information with prospective marketing partners and advertisers.
The categories of personal information we have shared with these third parties for business purposes in the preceding 12 months, where applicable, are set forth above in the section What information does TRU Kids collect?
In Connection with Business Transfers: In the event that a division or part or all of TRU Kids (or the assets of a TRU Kids entity) is bought, sold or otherwise transferred, or is in the process of a potential transaction, your information will likely be shared for evaluation purposes and included among the transferred business assets.
To Comply with Laws: TRU Kids may also disclose specific information when such disclosure appears necessary to comply with the law, a subpoena or other litigation process or to protect the interests or safety of its visitors, TRU Kids employees or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
4. How is my personal information protected?
TRU Kids uses industry-standard security techniques on the Sites to help protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information collected from you on the Sites. When you transmit personally identifiable data to the Sites, that information is stored on servers that the Sites have attempted to secure from unauthorized access or intrusion. TRU Kids cannot be and is not responsible for unauthorized access to information by hackers or others who have obtained such access through illegal measures.
“Phishing” is a scam designed to steal your personal information. If you receive an e-mail that looks like it might be from TRU Kids asking for your personal information, do not respond. TRU Kids would not request your password, user name, credit card information, or other personal information through e-mail.
5. What are my choices regarding communications from TRU Kids?
From time to time you may receive communications including mailings, telephone calls or e-mails from TRU Kids with information on products or services, special promotions, upcoming events or other offers from TRU Kids or its retail partners. You may opt out of receiving e-mail communications by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the e-mail received. It may take us up to 10 days to complete this process, as permitted by law. You may opt out of receiving mailings or telephone calls by contacting us at email@example.com. Please note that if you request that your name be removed from a TRU Kids mailing list, your name will be removed from all of the mailing lists maintained by TRU Kids. In addition, your personal information may be retained in the database for recordkeeping purposes and for internal research and analysis.
6. What are cookies and how does TRU Kids use them?
The Sites use “cookies,” which are small pieces of information stored by your browser or other application on your computer’s browser or hard drive. The cookies are used to connect your computer with information stored about your online activity, searches, and preferences both within the same website visit and from one visit to the next on the Sites and/or other websites. The “help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive new cookies or how to disable cookies altogether. If you reject cookies, you may not be able to participate in certain activities or receive a promotion tailored to you. The Sites do not control and do not guarantee the effectiveness of browser-based tools for managing cookies.
We or our partners may also use Flash cookies (also known as Local Stored Objects) or other similar technologies. A Flash cookie is a small data file placed on a computer using Adobe Flash or similar technology that may be built into your computer or downloaded or installed by you to your computer. We use these technologies to personalize and enhance your online experience, facilitate processes, and personalize and store your settings. Flash cookies may help our website visitors to, for example, set volume preference associated with a video experience, play games and perform surveys. They help us improve our sites by measuring which areas are of greatest interest to customers. They may be recognized by other sites or by our marketing or business partners. Flash cookies are different from browser cookies and the cookie management tools provided by your browser may not remove Flash cookies. Go to http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html to learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies. If you disable Flash cookies or other similar technologies, please be aware that you may not have access to certain features and services that make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
TRU Kids uses Google Analytics to monitor activity on the Sites. To learn how Google Analytics collects and processes data, please visit: “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps” located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners
7. How can I update or change my information?
You may update or change your personal information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minors who post comments or other information to the Sites so that it is visible to others are able to request that the information be removed by contacting us at email@example.com. Note that although we can help make sure the information is no longer visible on the Sites, this does not ensure complete or comprehensive deletion of your information from our internal systems and/or other sites and services beyond our control.
The Sites do not knowingly solicit or collect personally identifiable information online from children under the age of 13 without prior verifiable parental consent. If TRU Kids learns that a child under the age of 13 has submitted personally identifiable information online without parental consent, it will take all reasonable measures to delete such information from its databases and to not use such information for any purpose (except where necessary to protect the safety of the child or others as required or allowed by law). If you become aware of any personally identifiable information we have collected from children under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Linked Sites or Online Services
10. How to contact TRU Kids
Tru Kids, Inc.
5 Wood Hollow Road
Parsippany, NJ 07054
Or please feel free to call us at (973) 617-4877.
12. Your California Privacy Rights